Search Engine promotion is a relatively new element of the online marketing mix that combines SEO & public relations to address the large and growing audience of people who use Google News, Yahoo News and other news search engines.
This audience includes thousands of journalists, as well as millions of consumers and business buyers, enabling you to generate publicity as well as traffic and sales leads.
When you combine search optimized press releases with an online distribution service, you have a relatively fast and inexpensive way of gaining visibility on the search engines.
What are the benefits of Online PR?
- Visibility in the news sections and main results of Google, Yahoo, MSN & others
- Increased traffic from people who read Search Engines News everyday
- Increased inbound links from quality sites that can help your search engine ranking
- Exposure to a large number of journalists who are looking for research & story ideas
- Fast & relatively inexpensive form of increasing online visibility
Did You Know?
- Google News accounted for more than 40.2% of news searches conducted in August 2005; followed by Yahoo News with 39.4% of the news searches that month, with AOL News coming in third with a 19.0% share.
- Yahoo news had 25.4 million unique visitors in Oct 2005, making it the top US news site. AOL News had 15.1 million unique visitors that month, making it the #4 US news site, while Google News had 7.1 million unique visitors, making it the #14 US news site.